Window Resource Kit Install
Windows Resource Kit Install
2. Locate the executable file and double click. Depending on your operating system, you may or may not get a compatibility warning message. If you do get the warning, please continue by clicking “Run Program”. Now the Setup Wizard will appear, please click “Next”.
3. You are now prompted by the License Agreement, click “Next”.
4. Here you can input your Name and Organization. When finished, click “Next”.
5. Next you decide on your install directory. Please use the default and click “Install Now”. If you decide to change the location, you will need to remember to replace all subsequent mentions of C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\ in this guide with your directory. When ready, click “Install Now”.
NOTE: You will notice that my Program Files directory contains the suffix (x86). This is because my install will be on a 64 bit Window OS. For users on a 32 bit Windows OS, you will notice that your directory will not contain this suffix.
6. Once installed, please click “Finish”
The Windows Resource Kit is now installed! With this kit, you’ll be able to create services for many of the softwares found at HTPCBuilds.com’s Software section. Look for the Windows Service Install Guides for your favorite HTPC software.
Check back often for more guides to help you with your HTPC build!