Connecting to XBian SSH
!!!Don’t forget to enter our Raspberry Pi Raffle!!!
Connecting to XBian SSH Guide
This guide assume that you have Putty on your computer. If you do not have Putty, please refer to the HTPCBuild.com Putty Page.
1. Start by writing down your Raspberry Pi’s IP address. This can be found one of two ways:
- Checking your router and noting the IP address of the XBian Raspberry Pi. By default, XBian host name is “XBian”. Note the IP address your router has given to this host name.
- While in Raspbmc, navigate to System -> System Info. Here you can find the IP address of your XBian Raspberry Pi.
3. Now you need to enter the IP address of your XBian Raspberry Pi. Make sure that you have selected “SSH” under “Connection Type”. If you wish, you can save these settings for future use.
4. Double check everything and click “Open”. This will launch a terminal window and Putty will connect to your XBian Raspberry Pi.
5. Here you need to enter the login information for the XBian Raspberry Pi.
Default XBian SSH Login Info (case sensitive)
Congrats! You’ve connecting to your XBian Raspberry Pi via Putty SSH. By using XBian SSH you can modify files on your XBian Raspberry Pi from a remote computer. One such bonus is changing the “config.txt” to enable certain parameters or to even overclock your XBian Raspberry Pi! To learn how to access the “config.txt” on your XBian Raspberry Pi please check out HTPCBuild.com XBian Overclocking Guide.