Connecting to OpenElec SSH
!!!Don’t forget to enter our Raspberry Pi Raffle!!!
Connecting to OpenElec SSH Guide
This guide assume that you have Putty on your computer. If you do not have Putty, please refer to the HTPCBuild.com Putty Page.
1. Start by writing down your Raspberry Pi’s IP address. This can be found one of two ways:
- Checking your router and noting the IP address of the OpenElec Raspberry Pi. By default, OpenElec host name is “openelec”. Note the IP address your router has given to this host name.
- While in OpenElec, navigate to System -> System Info. Here you can find the IP address of your OpenElec Raspberry Pi.
3. Now you need to enter the IP address of your OpenElec Raspberry Pi. Make sure that you have selected “SSH” under “Connection Type”. If you wish, you can save these settings for future use.
4. Double check everything and click “Open”. This will launch a terminal window and Putty will connect to your OpenElec Raspberry Pi.
5. Here you need to enter the login information for the OpenElec Raspberry Pi.
openelec ssh login default
openelec default password or openelec ssh password
Default OpenElec SSH Login Info (case sensitive)
Congrats! You’ve connecting to your OpenElec Raspberry Pi via Putty SSH. By using OpenElec SSH you can modify files on your OpenElec Raspberry Pi from a remote computer. One such bonus is changing the “config.txt” to enable certain parameters or to even overclock your OpenElec Raspberry Pi! To learn how to access the “config.txt” on your OpenElec Raspberry Pi please check out HTPCBuild.com OpenElec Overclocking Guide.