HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Install Guide for Windows
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Install Guide
1. First you’ll need to grab the zip version of the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool; a copy can be downloaded here.
2. Once you have the zip, go ahead and double click to open the zip. Here you will find one file.
3. Double click on “hpflash1″ and a window should pop up describing the contents of the zip. When ready click “Next”.
4. Now you should see a window with the license agreement of the extractor. Click on “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click “Next”.
5. The extractor will unzip itself and a new installer will open. Click “Next”.
6. You will now be prompted with a different license agreement, click “Yes” to continue.
7. Now you can select the install directory for the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. Simply use the default and click “Next” to begin installing.
8. The installer should begin installing.
9. Once the install is done, it will inform you that it has complete. Click “Finished” to close the installer.
Now you have the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool! This couple with the Dos system files will enable you to create a bootable USB drive. Please continue to our HTPCBuild.com Bootable USB Drive Guide.
Check back often for more guides to help you with your HTPC build!